Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hello world!

So as you may have gathered by my title, I am a simple skeptic. Not simple minded however, as I supposed that would be quite the oxymoron. By simple I mean I remain relatively happy without a lot of effort. I love my family, I enjoy spending time with friends, I thrive on a good stimulating conversation and I spend as much time as possible outdoors and doing activities with my pets.

That being said, education is a vital part of my life and the choice of hubby and I on how we raise our children. Too many people are still choosing to teach the next generation based on outdated information and so-called facts that have no supporting data nor basis in truth. Our choice is to teach our children to question everything. We have been fortunate enough to have our children in a school where the educators are progressive enough to support this-for the most part. Now, I can only imagine how difficult it would be for an 8 year old to correct you in front of 27 other children but hey, right is right....right?

As far as my brain fodder, much of it comes from a lifelong passion for science, especially the biological sciences. I am currently pursuing a Bachelor's of Science majoring in Biology. I have a strong background in animal behavior and behavior modification. I also have a very intelligent husband who introduced me to the skeptic community.

Why barefoot? Simple answer-it's comfortable. ;-)

So enough about me, let's get to the good stuff! And thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I am always up for a lively discussion or a respectful debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment